Brenda's Lemon Bars
"I love to bake, and these lemon bars rank among my most-often requested recipes," Brenda says.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners'
- sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on
- a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking
- powder and remaining flour until frothy. Pour over warm crust.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.