Brenda's Lemon Bars Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder and remaining flour until frothy. Pour over warm crust.
- 4. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece: 199 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Brenda's Lemon Bars
"These have a lot of lemon flavor."
"I absolutely loved these! Made them today to use up some lemons and they were awesome, I love lemon and these were perfect for me. :) For some reason (likely my oven off) I had to bake mine a bit longer than the 18-22 minutes to get the filling right. Even the non-lemon lovers in the house loved these! :)"
"I wish I had looked at the other recipes. I do love the crust but the filling is VERY lemony. I am still tasting it even with tea. The other recipes are an 8 inch pan with 2-3 tbsp. I love that this recipe is an 9x13 pan but 2/3 cups has 10 TBSP. So the lemon flavor is intense. I will just cut the lemon juice back by half because everything else is wonderful. So do try it"
"Love the crust, it's not so blah tasting and the filling is so sweet and lemony but not overkill. Everyone at worked loved them and wants more!"
"These are absolutely the best lemon bars I have ever made. They stayed together and have such an additive flavor. I would definitely make again....even my husband said they were the best!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.