"I love to bake, and these lemon bars rank among my most-often requested recipes," Brenda says.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder and remaining flour until frothy. Pour over warm crust.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Brenda's Lemon Bars in Country Woman May 2007, p6
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Brenda's Lemon Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review