- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder and remaining flour until frothy. Pour over warm crust.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Brenda's Lemon Bars(2)
Sort By :
Love the crust, it's not so blah tasting and the filling is so sweet and lemony but not overkill. Everyone at worked loved them and wants more!
These are absolutely the best lemon bars I have ever made. They stayed together and have such an additive flavor. I would definitely make again....even my husband said they were the best!
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >