- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder and remaining flour until frothy. Pour over warm crust.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Brenda's Lemon Bars(3)
Sort By :
I wish I had looked at the other recipes. I do love the crust but the filling is VERY lemony. I am still tasting it even with tea. The other recipes are an 8 inch pan with 2-3 tbsp. I love that this recipe is an 9x13 pan but 2/3 cups has 10 TBSP. So the lemon flavor is intense. I will just cut the lemon juice back by half because everything else is wonderful. So do try it
Love the crust, it's not so blah tasting and the filling is so sweet and lemony but not overkill. Everyone at worked loved them and wants more!
These are absolutely the best lemon bars I have ever made. They stayed together and have such an additive flavor. I would definitely make again....even my husband said they were the best!