Breezy Lemon-Berry Dessert Recipe
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Cut ladyfingers in half widthwise; arrange cut side down around the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Place remaining ladyfingers in the bottom of the pan (bottom will not be completely covered).
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, creamer and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in gelatin mixture. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- 4. Spread 2 cups of filling evenly into prepared pan; top with mixed berries. Spread with remaining filling (filling will be higher than ladyfinger border). Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and the strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 183 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Breezy Lemon-Berry Dessert
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.