Breezy Brownies Recipe
For a quick and easy dessert, I whip up these brownies. The frosting also makes the brownies irresistible.—Mary Peterson, Centralia, Ontario
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. beat in eggs and salt. Stir in chocolate syrup, flour and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute; remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Beat until spreading consistency, about 3 minutes. Add pecans, frost warm brownies. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Breezy Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC