Breakfast Wassail Recipe
This fruity beverage is great all year-round, and tasty hot or chilled. I got the recipe from a co-worker and made it one Christmas for a family gathering. Now whenever we get together for the holidays, I'm the designated wassail-maker.
- 1 can (64 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 can (32 ounces) apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, undiluted
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 quart water, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine juices, lemonade and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add water if desired. Serve hot or cold. Yield: about 4 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 156 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC