- 1 can (64 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 can (32 ounces) apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, undiluted
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 quart water, optional
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine juices, lemonade and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add water if desired. Serve hot or cold. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Reviews for Breakfast Wassail
"Tangy and festive! I never know whether recipes are calling for 100% cranberry juice, which is very tart (and expensive), or a cranberry juice blend, which is sweeter (and cheaper). I used a bit of both. Which type you use will determine whether your wassail will need more water or the addition of sugar."
"I made this for a small group breakfast and it was a hit. I made it the night before and served it cold."
"The additional water is definitely necessary as this punch can be sweet. It made the house smell wonderful as I cooked it!"
"This beverage has a lovely tangy taste, and was enjoyed by our brunch bunch. I kept it warm in the slow cooker; we also drank it over ice and it was delicious."