Friends shared this recipe with me many years ago, when we spent the night at their home. One taste and you'll see why it has "supreme" in its name. It's that good!—Laurie Harms, Grinnell, Iowa
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Pour eggs over cheese. Top with sausage mixture.
- Pour the cream over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Supreme in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p260
Reviews for Breakfast Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review