Breakfast-Style Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 9 slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl combine butter, egg yolks, milk, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir in bread cubes and cheese. In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into bread mixture. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Bread Pudding in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Breakfast-Style Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review