Breakfast Skewers Recipe
These kabobs are fun, different and delicious, plus they go well with any egg dish.—Bobi Raab, St. Paul, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 10 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- 1. Cut sausages in half; on five metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausages, pineapple and mushrooms. Brush with butter and syrup.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, turning and basting with syrup, for 8 minutes or until sausages are lightly browned and fruit is heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC