Breakfast Scramble Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Add tomatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Pour eggs over mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Top with cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.