- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add tomatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Pour eggs over mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Top with cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Scramble
"Family loved this. I agree with some readers, next time might just add tomatoes and skip the water. Will add different spices to give a different twist.."
"Instead if adding onions and tomatoes I added a cup and 3/4 of a cup of medium salsa and it tasted delicious. Also I did not add water and I added two squirts of Franks Red hot sauce to the eggs before cooking it with the mixture!"
"I added a clove of garlic, about a teaspoon of chopped oregano and basil, and used sharp cheddar instead of processed cheese. Other than these additions, and using grass-fed beef and organic potatoes and tomatoes, I followed the rest of the recipe as is. My husband's comment was: "You can make this again...a lot!"Served with a fresh fruit salad, it made a delicious brunch meal."
"Tried this and it's ok but next time if your going to add tomatoes juice and all why add water, it makes the eggs not cook right. Plus it takes too long to dry out if ever, also needs some spices."
"I made this for my family and it was finished before it cooled off. Definitely a keeper thank you."
"I used rotel tomatoes because it was all I had and it turned out great"
"I think i will try this with sausage also, the ground beef was a bit blah. Otherwise tho it wasn't "bad".. also will try cheddar rather than american cheese."
"i think i will try the sausage also, the ground beef was a tad blah."
"I thought this recipe was pretty good, but next time I think I am going to add some garlic to it."
"Looks good. I'll have to try it!"