- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead gently 10-12 times or until no longer sticky.
- Divide dough in half; gently pat or roll each half into an 8-in. circle 1/2 in thick. Cut each circle into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews for Breakfast Scones(4)
Sort By :
These were wonderful! We really enjoyed them. They were light and tender and very quick to get in the oven!
Excellent recipe! I also added some cinnamon and topped the hot scones with a powdered sugar vanilla glaze. The kids ask for this every morning for breakfast.
Surprisingly good, for being so basic. Great flavor, light texture.
Made these for a friend's mom recovering from surgery- the family loved them since they were soft and delicious, with just a little taste of cinnamon. Pretty easy to make too!