Breakfast Sausage Ring Recipe
My daughter found this hearty sausage and egg recipe years ago, and our family loves it. It's baked in a ring mold and adds a festive flair to any holiday table.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- Scrambled eggs
- Pimiento strips and additional parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion and parsley. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased oven-proof 6-cup ring mold.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Unmold onto a serving platter. Fill with scrambled eggs. Garnish with pimientos and parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC