Breakfast Sausage Patties
These breakfast patties are the perfect accompaniment to any egg entree. Cayenne pepper gives the sausage just the right amount of zip.—Carolyn Sykora, Bloomer, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, salt, sage, thyme, nutmeg and
- cayenne. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 5
- minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper
- towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 250 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.