Breakfast Sausage Fried Rice
—Tami Thomas, Palmdale, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cold cooked long grain rice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pepper to taste
- Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer
- pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In same skillet,
- cook and stir egg over medium heat until completely set. Stir in the
- rice, sausage, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Cook until heated
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with turkey sausage, 1/4 cup egg substitute and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.