As a rancher's wife and member off the Kansas CattleWomen, I'm always on the lookout for ways to serve ground beef. Team these savory rolls with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit for a hearty breakfast. - Vicki Kelly, Severy, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, cut into strips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bouillon and pepper. Cool for 15
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- Spread beef mixture to within 1/2 in. of short edges and 1 in. of
- long edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side;
- pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Place two
- cheese strips over each roll. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese
- is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium,