Breakfast Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, cut into strips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bouillon and pepper. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread beef mixture to within 1/2 in. of short edges and 1 in. of long edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 3. Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Place two cheese strips over each roll. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 192 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Breakfast Rolls
"was very easy to make and tasted very good my family really like it"