- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, cut into strips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bouillon and pepper. Cool for 15 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread beef mixture to within 1/2 in. of short edges and 1 in. of long edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Place two cheese strips over each roll. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Rolls in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p76
Reviews for Breakfast Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2009
was very easy to make and tasted very good my family really like it