Recipe courtesy of Galbani Cheese
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 slices pancetta
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 5 Tbsp. softened butter, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups granola
- 8 slices cinnamon swirl bread
- 1. Whisk eggs with milk and set aside.
- 2. Add pancetta to preheated skillet and cook until crisp on medium-high heat. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Put onions in the preheated skillet with 1 Tbsp. of butter. Once the onions start cooking, add brown sugar and cook until soft.
- 4. Add granola to a bowl and place next to the egg bowl.
- 5. Lay out slices of bread and spread butter on one side of each slice, using 2 Tbsp. butter total. On unbuttered side, spread a thick layer of ricotta.
- 6. Top ricotta with onions and pancetta and cover with remaining slice of bread. When closed, dip the entire sandwich in the egg mixture and transfer to the granola to completely coat all sides.
- 7. Preheat a nonstick pan and melt 2 Tbsp. butter using low to medium heat. Once butter is melted, add sandwich and cook 90 seconds, pressing down with a spatula. Flip and repeat until crisp. Remove, cut and serve. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Breakfast Ricotta Granola Crumble Grilled Cheese in Galbani® Cheese 2017