Breakfast Rice Pudding
My husband makes this rice pudding quite often for our breakfast.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain or basmati rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 cup canned or frozen pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine
- the rice, peaches, cherries, cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Transfer
- to a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine the oats, coconut, pecans, butter and remaining brown sugar;
- sprinkle over rice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP This recipe is equally good with fresh blueberries instead of the cherries.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 411 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.