Breakfast Rice Pudding Recipe
My husband makes this rice pudding quite often for our breakfast. —Sue Draheim
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain or basmati rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 cup canned or frozen pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine rice, peaches, cherries, cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2- qt. baking dish.
- 3. Combine oats, coconut, pecans, butter and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over rice. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 411 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC