- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain or basmati rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 cup canned or frozen pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine rice, peaches, cherries, cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2- qt. baking dish.
- Combine oats, coconut, pecans, butter and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over rice. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Rice Pudding
Sort By :
"This is really a good, hearty breakfast. Don't let the fat scare you--I substituted FF half-n-half for the heavy cream with no problem. You could leave off the topping entirely, since that's where most of the fat comes from. I think I just sprinkled mine with cinnamon & sugar."
"This is a great breakfast for my big family, and my children love it!"
"This is a nice alternative to an egg-based breakfast casserole. My non-egg eaters love this!"