- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain or basmati rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 cup canned or frozen pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the rice, peaches, cherries, cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine the oats, coconut, pecans, butter and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over rice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Rice Pudding in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p186
Reviews for Breakfast Rice Pudding(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review