Breakfast Quiche Recipe
I enjoy preparing hearty country breakfasts for the guests at my bed-and-breakfast. This fluffy golden pie, which has lots of cheese and bacon, is a most satisfying entree.—Mark Clark, Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and let cool.
- 2. Sprinkle bacon, cheeses and onion over the crust. In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne; pour into the crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 445 calories, 38 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 208 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Breakfast Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC