Fluffy eggs and a crispy tortilla make this speedy recipe from Jennifer Evans of Oceanside, California, great for breakfast or brunch. The mild cheese, onions and bacon offer the perfect mix of flavors.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Coat a large skillet with cooking
- spray. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely
- Place tortillas on a griddle. Spoon eggs over half of each tortilla;
- sprinkle with cheese, bacon and onion. Fold over and cook over low
- heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve
- with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 quesadilla (calculated without sour cream and salsa) equals 401 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 357 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.