Fluffy eggs and a crispy tortilla make this speedy recipe from Jennifer Evans of Oceanside, California, great for breakfast or brunch. The mild cheese, onions and bacon offer the perfect mix of flavors.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.
- Place tortillas on a griddle. Spoon eggs over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese, bacon and onion. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Quesadillas in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p37
Reviews for Breakfast Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review