Breakfast Pudding Crepes Recipe
This originally was a dessert recipe, but my family enjoyed it so much that I turned it into a breakfast meal. Served with bacon or sausage, these tasty treats are a "crepe" way to start the day!
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced or 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry or cherry pie filling
- Additional whipped topping and strawberries or pie filling, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat the baking mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; add 3 tablespoons batter, lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- 2. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper between layers.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk for 1 minute. Place about 3 tablespoons of fruit or pie filling down the center of each crepe. Top with about 1/4 cup pudding mixture. Roll up crepes and place on a serving platter. If desired, garnish each crepe with additional whipped topping and fruit or pie filling. Yield: about 12 crepes.
1 serving (3 each) equals 430 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC