Breakfast Pudding Crepes Recipe
This originally was a dessert recipe, but my family enjoyed it so much that I turned it into a breakfast meal. Served with bacon or sausage, these tasty treats are a "crepe" way to start the day!
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced or 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry or cherry pie filling
- Additional whipped topping and strawberries or pie filling, optional
- In a bowl, beat the baking mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; add 3 tablespoons batter, lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper between layers.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk for 1 minute. Place about 3 tablespoons of fruit or pie filling down the center of each crepe. Top with about 1/4 cup pudding mixture. Roll up crepes and place on a serving platter. If desired, garnish each crepe with additional whipped topping and fruit or pie filling. Yield: about 12 crepes.
Originally published as Breakfast Pudding Crepes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p36
Reviews for Breakfast Pudding Crepes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review