Baked French toast inspired this simple make-ahead dish that’s perfect for a large holiday meal in the morning. It also travels well. — Erin Furby, Anchorage, Alaska
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Stir in bread. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar; drizzle with butter. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake 40-50 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Praline Bread Pudding in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Reviews for Breakfast Praline Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review