- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Stir in bread. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar; drizzle with butter. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake 40-50 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBreakfast Praline Bread Pudding
"I cut this recipe in half for my family of 4 and baked it in an 8x8 square casserole. Made as written I give it 3 stars. We all drizzled it with syrup to bump up the flavor and that really made a difference. I will definitely increase the cinnamon and nutmeg next time. easy to put together and nice to have made the night before."
"I have had better. The only thing that I really like is the pecan and brown sugar topping with the butter drizzled over. That was very good."
"To me it has just ok flavor. A little bland. My kids thought it was good. Unless they request it I don't think I'll make it again."