I often bake this the day before and then reheat and enjoy it the next day.—Peggy Sisson, Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk regular, sage or spicy pork Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1-1/4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- In a skillet, brown sausage; drain. Spoon into an ungreased 10-in.
- pie pan. Top with potatoes and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs,
- milk, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese and paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 307 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 227 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now