Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage or 4 Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Separate crescent dough into four triangles; arrange on an ungreased 7-1/2-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom of pan, building up edges slightly.
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over crust. Top with potatoes, peppers and cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour over pizza; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set and top is golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Pizza(7)
Sort By :
Tasty! I used Italian turkey sausage & jar roasted red peppers. My husband and I enjoyed this for dinner one night :)
My family has been making this pizza for YEARS! My mom has handed it down to me and I've shared it with friends as it always a hit when new people try it. Instead of using fresh red and green peppers, we use the hash brown with the peppers already in it, nice time saver. Using cooked ground sausage is a help (I usually buy it when it is on sale, cook and freeze it, another nice time saver). A nice tip if there are any leftovers (very strange in my family unless we make more than one) is heat in the microwave and then to avoid the bottom getting soggy, put it in a hot frying pan for a little bit to toast up the bottom.
This is a delicious pizza that works for any meal. But to save on calories and saturated fat, I make my own Whole grain crust in place of the crescent rolls. That is the only reason I gave it 4 stars.
The Hubster & I really enjoy this pizza ....we have been known to even make it for dinner and for dessert we have waffles or pancakes. But the majority of the time we are very full from this comforting all in 1 breakfast pizza. Last time I made it I added some obrien hashbrowns instead of the regular hasbrowns and g.pepper. ( obrien hashbrowns have the g.pepper & onion already included in the hasbrowns) makes it just 1 step easier if u buy the Obrien type as we do rather then the regular hasbrowns. I also add a few diced sautéed mushrooms to ours sometimes. Oh the possibilities with this fantastic b-fast pizza recipe. Its become a staple meal in our home since finding it a few years ago. :)
This is one of my husbands favorite breakfast dishes. I don't care for sausage so I use bacon, still yummy. I also use my salad shooter and put fresh shredded potatoes on it rather than frozen hash browns. Thanks for sharing.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >