I love to cook and experiment with new recipes. When I first made this breakfast pizza, my husband proclaimed it a definite keeper! This dish doesn't use traditional breakfast ingredients, but it's a surefire hit every time I serve it. —Kim Martin, Port Republic, Maryland
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate crescent roll dough into eight triangles and place on an
- ungreased 12-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center.
- Press over bottom and up sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook and crumble sausage. Drain; place over
- crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms and cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 252 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.