Breakfast Pitas Recipe
"My husband and I like these pita pockets for a quick breakfast," notes Peggy Blattel of Cape Girardeau, Missouri. "For a complete brunch, they're good with hash brown potatoes and fruit."
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Add the cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 608 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 417 mg cholesterol, 1,978 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC