"My husband and I like these pita pockets for a quick breakfast," notes Peggy Blattel of Cape Girardeau, Missouri. "For a complete brunch, they're good with hash brown potatoes and fruit."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion and green pepper in butter
- until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs
- are almost set. Add the cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook and
- stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 608 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 417 mg cholesterol, 1,978 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.