My husband and I like these pita pockets all by themselves for a quick breakfast. When you want a larger meal, serve hash brown potatoes and fruit on the side. —Peggy Blattel, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Add the cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Pitas in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p13
Reviews for Breakfast Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2013
"This is going to become a regular breakfast. So easy & filling! It was just a bit salty to me, so I will cut back on that. That would be the only thing I would change though."