Breakfast Pie Recipe
This crustless pie is wonderful to serve to overnight guests because you assemble it the night before. —Pam Botine, Goldsboro, North Carolina
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Stir reserved drippings into cornflakes; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in hash browns. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with bacon and cornflake mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 402 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 234 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Breakfast Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC