Breakfast Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
Here's a fun breakfast idea from Joanne St. Angelo of East Providence, Rhode Island. “Share one pizza for breakfast or have one each for a hearty dinner entree,” Joanne suggests. TIP: To ensure creamy eggs, don't overcook them!
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 prebaked mini pizza crust
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onion and water. In a small skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are partially set.
- 2. Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons cheese and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons pizza sauce. Top with scrambled egg mixture. Drizzle with remaining pizza sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with pepperoni.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is slightly crisp. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 pizza equals 547 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 1,142 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC