Breakfast Patties Recipe
This homemade sausage is terrific because it's so lean, holds together well and shrinks very little when cooked. It's incredibly easy to mix up a batch and make any breakfast special. -Jeannine Stallings, East Helena, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1. In a large bowl, combine water and seasonings. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 4-in. patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 patties.
Nutrition Facts: 1 patty equals 241 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC