This homemade sausage is terrific because it's so lean, holds together well and shrinks very little when cooked. It's incredibly easy to mix up a batch and make any breakfast special. -Jeannine Stallings, East Helena, Montana
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine water and seasonings. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 4-in. patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 patties.
Originally published as Breakfast Patties in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p29
Reviews for Breakfast Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review