"I thought having breakfast in our backyard would be a nice way to christen our new patio, so I came up with this combination to cook on the grill," recalls Shirley Ellul of Redford, Michigan. It's a fun idea for camping, too.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 cups cubed French bread (1-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices Canadian bacon, quartered
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside. Place bread in a large bowl; drizzle with butter and toss to coat. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer bread mixture to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.) Add Canadian bacon and pineapple; drizzle with reserved pineapple juice.
- Fold foil around bread mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast On the Grill in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p10
Reviews for Breakfast On the Grill
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review