"My teenage stepsons are hearty eaters, so I like to make them a big breakfast when they visit," relates LuAnn Edele of Brewster, New York. "With its zesty filling, this Southwestern-style omelet is one of their favorites. I serve it with fresh-baked corn muffins."
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, chives, hot pepper sauce, salt,
- pepper and dill until blended. In an 8-in. skillet, melt butter over
- medium-low heat; add the egg mixture.
- As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- underneath. Top with cheese and salsa. Fold omelet in half. Cover
- and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with
- sour cream and additional salsa if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 371 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 486 mg cholesterol, 994 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.