Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins
When we were farming and raising our three childrennow all grownoatmeal was the "main course" for breakfast many mornings. Often, I'd end up with a cup or so of it left over. So I was glad when my sister-in-law, a war bride from England, asked if I'd like to give her recipe for oatmeal muffins a try!
They're so nice to have with a cup of coffee if someone stops in to visit. They fr
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup leftover oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking
- soda. In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, oatmeal, raisins and
- vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (the
- batter will be thin). Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at
- 350° for 18 minutes or until the muffins test done. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.