Breakfast Mushroom Cups
A fun and surprisingly hearty breakfast dish packed with flavor and richness.
—Sara Morris, Laguna Beach, california
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place mushrooms on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spray with
- cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic salt and dash pepper. Bake at
- 425° for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in spinach
- and cook until wilted. In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute,
- salt and remaining pepper; add to pan. Cook and stir until set.
- Spoon egg mixture into mushrooms; sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed mushroom equals 126 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,