Breakfast Mushroom Cups Recipe
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Place mushrooms on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spray with cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic salt and dash pepper. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, salt and remaining pepper; add to pan. Cook and stir until set.
- 3. Spoon egg mixture into mushrooms; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 126 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Breakfast Mushroom Cups
"very flavourful - easy and quick"
"We doubled this recipe for a breakfast for two on Mother's Day because it was so healthy. Both of us were thrilled to have found something relatively easy to make, healthy, and excellent in taste!"