A fun and surprisingly hearty breakfast dish packed with flavor and richness. —Sara Morris, Laguna Beach, california
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place mushrooms on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spray with cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic salt and dash pepper. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, salt and remaining pepper; add to pan. Cook and stir until set.
- Spoon egg mixture into mushrooms; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Mushroom Cups in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p40
Reviews for Breakfast Mushroom Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review