Breakfast Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
These hearty muffins are loaded with tasty ingredients, including apple, carrots, raisins, walnuts and coconut. Grab one on your way out the door for a great take-along breakfast on a rushed morning.—Karen Lewis, Elkford, British Columbia
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 282 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC