Breakfast Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 282 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Breakfast Morning Glory Muffins
"I had all the ingredients except for the orange extract, it didn't matter, these are really good and not greasy like some morning glory muffins I have tried - this has just the right amount of oil and applesauce combined."