- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Morning Glory Muffins in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews for Breakfast Morning Glory Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2012
"I had all the ingredients except for the orange extract, it didn't matter, these are really good and not greasy like some morning glory muffins I have tried - this has just the right amount of oil and applesauce combined."
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2010