Breakfast Mess Recipe
Whenever my family goes camping (which is a lot!), this wonderful filling breakfast really gets the day going. Everyone who's tried this "Anderson Family Special" agrees that it's the best.
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) Spam or 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, fry potatoes in oil for 10 minutes. Add green pepper, onion and garlic; continue to cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are browned and vegetables are tender. Stir in Spam; heat through. Cover and remove from the heat. In another greased skillet, combine eggs. salt and pepper. Cook and stir gently until eggs are set. Stir into potato mixture. Top with cheese; cover for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 409 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 211 mg cholesterol, 935 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC