- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) Spam or 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 eggs. lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, fry potatoes in oil for 10 minutes. Add green pepper, onion and garlic; continue to cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are browned and vegetables are tender. Stir in Spam; heat through. Cover and remove from the heat. In another greased skillet, combine eggs. salt and pepper. Cook and stir gently until eggs are set. Stir into potato mixture. Top with cheese; cover for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Mess in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p33
Reviews for Breakfast Mess
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review