Noodle dishes are high on my family's list of favorites. In fact, they could eat lasagna any time of day. This is like breakfast lasagna with cheese, apples and raisins.—Carol Miller, Northumberland, New York
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, vanilla and salt; cover and process until smooth. Toss apples with cinnamon.
- Combine applesauce and raisins; spread 3/4 cup into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with a fourth of the noodles, and a third of the applesauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and apples. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Kugel in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p268
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Breakfast Kugel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review