- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, vanilla and salt; cover and process until smooth. Toss apples with cinnamon.
- Combine applesauce and raisins; spread 3/4 cup into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with a fourth of the noodles, and a third of the applesauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and apples. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Kugel in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p268
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Breakfast Kugel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review