Breakfast in Bread Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup each shredded Monterey Jack, Swiss and sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in bacon, ham and cheese. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf.
Editor's Note: Bake loaf may be frozen and reheated.
1 slice: 324 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.