I enjoy making this delicious bread since it's very easy and a nice change of pace from sweeter breads. It's a "never-fail" treat, and friends always ask for the recipe. The hearty ingredients make it a complete meal in one pan.
Recommended: 12 Recipes to Make in a Bread Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup each shredded Monterey Jack, Swiss and sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in bacon, ham and cheese. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Breakfast in Bread in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p12