Breakfast in a Muffin Recipe
For a change of pace from sweet muffins, I like to make these. They're loaded with lots of flavor and perfect for mornings when you need to eat on the run. —Janne Rowe, Wichita, Kansas
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, divided use
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Combine milk, oil and one egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining egg. Add cheddar cheese and seasoned salt; mix well. Stir in bacon. Spoon 2 tablespoons in the center of each muffin.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Breakfast in a Muffin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC