I usually double this recipe and freeze some cups after baking to reheat for a future meal.—Donna Chapman, Anchor Point, Alaska
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, 1/2 cup cheese, chilies, pimientos, milk, eggs, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast in a Cup in Country Woman March/April 1997, p35
Reviews for Breakfast in a Cup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
"Husband does not like chilies, so I left them out and substituted crumbled bacon instead. Even grandkids liked it."